Closing Date for Applications:
Leycroft Academy, based at Tile Cross, Birmingham is an inclusive and vibrant specialist primary school with over 170 pupils on roll. The children all have a diagnosis on the Autism Spectrum. The school has high standards of teaching and learning and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
The school became Leycroft Academy in September 2021, following a de-amalgamation from Brays School, which previously operated over two sites. A school has operated on the Tile Cross site in the current guise since February 2015.
This is an exciting time for the school, which has benefitted from significant investment in the last year to improve the indoor and outdoor learning spaces. Within the school staff, we are dynamically developing our leadership structure and responsibilities and the introduction of this role is part of that development. You will join our journey of improvement to play a key part in transforming the lives of our pupils.
Your professional development will also be a key priority and you will have the support of a network of highly skilled and experienced senior leaders alongside the opportunities that will inevitably present themselves from being part of a developing trust.
Leycroft is part of Forward Education Trust (FET), an established and developing MAT of 6 special schools in Birmingham and Sandwell with plans for future expansion including a new school in Solihull. The trust is committed to ensuring the schools develop individual personalities, recognising their own particular characteristics and celebrating the many good things that happen day-to-day.
The successful applicant will be committed to the Trust’s core values and ethos and ensure the children who we educate are provided with education and opportunities that they deserve, whilst also supporting our wider staff to do the best they can in their roles.
Forward Education Trust is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality staff. To do this, we have an Employee Value Proposition offering a range of benefits to help our staff on a personal and professional level, which includes:
- Teacher Pension or Support Staff Local Government Pension – Employer Contribution
- FET HUB – information all in one place, access to a range of benefits
- Paid for Health Cash Plan – employee and dependent children benefit – option to add partner
- Employee Questionnaire – Consultation with staff on a range of issues and ideas
- Salary sacrifice scheme – Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to the NHS approved Thrive App – to support mental health & well-being
- Comprehensive induction and probation support and an ongoing performance management & appraisal system
- Easy purchase scheme (salary deduction) – Smart Tech in association with Currys
- Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme – free, totally confidential advice, with face-to-face consultations
- Personal & professional learning & development – including FLICK online learning and other resources
- Access to discounts and offers from Reward Gateway and MyPerks
- Occupational Health Service – accessible to support the needs of individual staff
- Staff recognition – e-cards to celebrate success among colleagues
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Policies being developed to support positive health & well-being:Family Friendly Working, Special Leave of Absence, Flexible Working, Menopause
- Staff recognition – awards throughout the year, in line with Trust behaviours and values
- A commitment to develop new ideas to show we really value what you do for our children
*The Trust may review applications upon receipt and may call applicants for interview prior to the advert closing date. Therefore, you are encouraged to make an early application for this role and we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date
Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos. Enhanced DBS clearance is required for this post.
To apply, please complete an application form and email it to email@example.com
The Trust may review applications upon receipt and may call applicants for interview prior to the advert closing date. Therefore, you are encouraged to make an early application for this role and we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date.
Please note that only fully completed Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them in place of an application form.
If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted. The successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos.