Primary SEMH Teacher
Closing Date for Applications:
UPS + SEN allowance
Required from 1st April 2023
We are looking for a highly effective creative and inspirational classroom practitioner to join Lea Hall Academy, part of Forward Education Trust, a growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area. Lea Hall is a special school for up to 90 boys between the ages of 5 and 13 with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. Some of the children also have diagnoses of ASD and ADHD.
All of our pupils have an Education Health and Care Plan which indicates the key target areas of child development. Teachers are supported by experienced teaching assistants to ensure that our children make expected progress against those targets.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly skilled classroom teacher who is enthusiastic and motivated to help our students develop and reach their full potential.
- Have some experience of supporting and teaching pupils with SEMH needs
- Be able to work collaboratively with support staff and senior leaders in order to plan and deliver high quality educational provision for our young people.
- Be empathetic to the complex needs of our pupils and also resilient to challenge; understanding that at times our pupils can display challenging behaviours which are a result of their special needs.
We can offer you:
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching
- A dedicated leadership team committed to supporting our staff
Forward Education Trust is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality staff. To do this, we have an Employee Value Proposition offering a range of benefits to help our staff on a personal and professional level, which includes:
- Teacher Pension or Support Staff Local Government Pension – Employer Contribution
- FET HUB – information all in one place, access to a range of benefits
- Paid for Health Cash Plan – employee and dependent children benefit – option to add partner
- Employee Questionnaire – Consultation with staff on a range of issues and ideas
- Salary sacrifice scheme – Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to the NHS approved Thrive App – to support mental health & well-being
- Comprehensive induction and probation support and an ongoing performance management & appraisal system
- Easy purchase scheme (salary deduction) – Smart Tech in association with Currys
- Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme – free, totally confidential advice, with face-to-face consultations
- Personal & professional learning & development – including FLICK online learning and other resources
- Access to discounts and offers from Reward Gateway and MyPerks
- Occupational Health Service – accessible to support the needs of individual staff
- Staff recognition – e-cards to celebrate success among colleagues
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Policies being developed to support positive health & well-being:Family Friendly Working, Special Leave of Absence, Flexible Working, Menopause
- Staff recognition – awards throughout the year, in line with Trust behaviours and values
- A commitment to develop new ideas to show we really value what you do for our children
To apply, please complete an application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust may review applications upon receipt and may call applicants for interview prior to the advert closing date. Therefore, you are encouraged to make an early application for this role and we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date.
Please note that only fully completed Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them in place of an application form.
If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted. The successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos.