KS2 – Teacher (TLR may be available for the right candidate)
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Stage 2 Teacher
MPS/UPS + 1 SEN Allowance
(TLR may be available for the right candidate)
The Heights Academy, Auckland Drive, Solihull, B36 0DD
Full time, Permanent
Start Date – September 2023
Forward Education Trust is an established MAT of six Special schools based in the West Midlands, covering areas in Sandwell and Birmingham. We are delighted to be adding a seventh to the trust in 2023 and having our first school in Solihull.
The Heights Academy will open in September 2023 in a brand new build, and this is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of the next stage of the journey. Initially we will open to 48 pupils in Key Stage 2 and Year 7, but over time, will grow to cater for 116 pupils across Key Stage 2, 3 and 4. All of our pupils will have an EHCP with a diagnosis of complex Autism with SEMH.
We are looking for 3 highly effective, creative, and inspirational Key Stage 2 classroom practitioners to join us who will be highly skilled, enthusiastic and motivated to help our students develop and reach their full potential.
The successful candidates will:
- Have previous teaching experience and skills of working with children in KS2
- Have experience of working with children in SEND settings
- Have experience of working with children with Autism
- Have QTS status
We can offer you:
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences.
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching and support.
- A friendly and inclusive working environment.
Employee Value Proposition
- Teacher Pension or Local Government Pension – Employer Contribution
- FET HUB – Information all in one place
- Paid for Health Cash Plan (dependant children included – can add spouse/ partner at your cost)
- Employee Questionnaire – regular consultation and engagement
- Salary sacrifice – Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to the Thrive app – to support mental health & well being
- Improved performance management – including appraisal and development
- Easy purchase scheme – Smart Tech with Currys (Salary deduction)
- Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme – free, confidential advice
- Personal and professional learning & development including FLICK learning
- Access to discounts from Reward Gateway and MyPerks
- Occupational Health Service
- Staff recognition – e- cards
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Policies to support positive health & well-being, Family Friendly Working, Special Leave of Absence, Flexible Working, Menopause
- Staff recognition – awards throughout the year and at Conference
- There’s more we’d like to do – we encourage and welcome ideas?
A commitment to develop new ideas to show our staff that they are our most important asset and we really value what every staff colleague does for our children
You will offer us:
- Your considerable skill as an outstanding teacher who has experience of working with children with special needs.
- Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils, and the ability to make a real difference to their learning and general well-being.
- Your flexibility, commitment, and excellent interpersonal skills.
For more information, and to request an application pack, please contact Jodie Massie at Hays Education on:
T: 0333 010 2667
Closing date: Tuesday 2nd May 2023
Interviews to be held week commencing 8th May 2023
* We reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if necessary. Candidates are encouraged to return their application as soon as possible.
Please also see our recruitment site for more information on working at Forward Education Trust: https://webmicrosites.hays.co.uk/web/forward-education-trust-teachers
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role. Please note that only standard Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted, we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV). Enhanced DBS clearance, Disqualification (regulations) 2009, prohibition checks and if overseas trained, Certificate of good conduct will need to be obtained if applicable prior to interview.
To apply, please complete an application form and email it to email@example.com
The Trust may review applications upon receipt and may call applicants for interview prior to the advert closing date. Therefore, you are encouraged to make an early application for this role and we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date.
Please note that only fully completed Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them in place of an application form.
If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted. The successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos.