Teaching Assistant Level 3
Closing Date for Applications:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to join The Heights Academy, a brand-new purpose-built special school in Solihull opening in September 2023.
All pupils at The Heights Academy will have an EHCP with a diagnosis of autism, many will also have associated SEMH; they will be working at, or close to, age-related expectations. Initially we will open to 48 pupils in Key Stage 2 and Year 7, but over time, will grow to cater for 116 pupils across Key Stage 2, 3 and 4.
We are looking for highly effective, creative and inspirational Teaching Assistants who will be able to enthuse and engage our autistic learners and support them to develop and reach their potential.
The successful candidates will:
- Have previous teaching experience and skills of working with children in KS2, KS3 or KS4
- Have experience of working with children in SEND settings
- Have experience of working with children with Autism
All applicants must be qualified to NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent and be able to evidence this.
Forward Education Trust is committed to providing continuous professional development for all staff and encourage a supportive, motivating, and engaging working environment in all of our Schools.
Employee Value Proposition
- Teacher Pension or Local Government Pension – Employer Contribution
- Employee Questionnaire – regular consultation and engagement
- Improved performance and management – including appraisal and development
- Personal and professional learning and development – including FLICK learning
- Staff recognition – e-cards
- Staff recognition – awards throughout the year and at a conference
- FET HUB – information all in one place
- Salary sacrifice – Cycle to Work Scheme
- Easy purchase scheme – Smart Tech with Currys (salary deduction)
- Access to discounts from Reward Gateway and MYPerks
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Paid for Health Cash Plan (dependent on children included – can add your spouse/partner at your cost)
- Access to the Thrive App – to support mental health and well being
- Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme – free, confidential advice
- Occupational Health Service
- Policies to support positive health and well-being: Family Friendly Working, Special Leave of Absence, Flexible Working, Menopause
There’s more we’d like to do – we encourage and welcome ideas.
A commitment to develop new ideas to show to our staff that they are our most important asset and we really value what every staff colleague does for our children
For more information, and to request an application pack, please contact Jodie Massie at Hays Education on:
To apply, please complete an application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust may review applications upon receipt and may call applicants for interview prior to the advert closing date. Therefore, you are encouraged to make an early application for this role and we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date.
Please note that only fully completed Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them in place of an application form.
If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted. The successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos.