A talented and aligned workforce is crucial to ensuring we can bring to life our strategic priorities and ensure we successfully deliver on our objectives.
Getting it right enables us to:
- Deliver our Trust objectives and therefore make a difference to the children within our Trust family
- Be a place that people want to come and work at, and be the best they can be
- Be as effective and as productive as possible as an organisation
- Create greater staff engagement & retention and lower levels of stress
- Create a highly skilled, agile and innovative workforce
- Be as cost effective as possible
What are our workforce development priorities?
- Staff recruitment, retention and engagement – making sure we have the right people, we keep them, they know what the organisation’s objectives are and what is expected of them to meet these objectives
- Developing our leaders for today and tomorrow – making sure our leaders share and demonstrate FET’s leadership vision through their leadership behaviours and are equipped with the skills and knowledge to lead our staff effectively.
- Operational effectiveness – having robust review processes in place to ensure we operate as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Creativity / innovation – engaging staff in how we can do things better and differently to ensure that everything we do meets the needs of our children
- Managing changes effectively – ensuring staff feel empowered and supported to make and sustain agreed changes
What does this look like in practice?
Staff working within our Trust have access to a range of professional development:
- High quality induction
- Annual appraisal or professional development review to discuss and identify professional development needs
- Access to our Trust Leadership Development Programme
- Access to a wide range of professional development opportunities
- Regular professional discussion with colleagues